Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Strengths Based Leadership

A few weeks ago I took a self-assessment of my strengths through Strengths Finder.  This assessment is run by Gallup Polls and presents you with your top 5 strengths that make you the leader you are today.  My personal top 5 include: Includer, Arranger, Restorative, Consistency, and Activator.

I love including EVERYONE!
Upon reflection of these signature strengths I have come to realize that they truly do embody who I am as a person, and how I influence others while I am participating in a leadership role.  I am truly a go getter!  When something needs to be done, I am the one to put that first step forward and get the ball rolling, this calls upon my Activator strength to accomplish this.  A few other examples include; my Includer strength always making me want to invite everyone to events and to make them feel welcome, and the Restorative strength allows me to solve problems by seeing things from an outward perspective.


Be realizing my strengths I can now feed off of that awareness and push myself to incorporate those strengths into my everyday life more.  Those top 5 strengths are going to help me become a better leader and a better person.  All I have to do is embrace them and the horizon is endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment