Monday, November 15, 2010

Is your leadership Authentic???

Some of the most authentic leaders in the worlds history can also be categorized as the most devious ones.  Adolf Hitler, Mussolini, Genghis Khan, etc...  Authentic leaders can also lead people for very positive results, such as Martin Luther King Jr. Mahatma Gandhi, Winston Churchill.

Authentic Leadership is defined as a leader being true to their beliefs throughout a process and their life.  They are "authentic" to themselves and their beliefs. That is the key, being true to yourself and your beliefs.

I am striving to be an authentic leader in my everyday life.  By being true to myself, and being honest with others about my talents and short comings.  There is nothing wrong with admitting what you cannot do.  To compensate for this I place myself around others who have strengths in the areas I am weak in.

No comments:

Post a Comment