Saturday, November 27, 2010

A long, long week

Most people look forward to Thanksgiving break with optimism of a closing semester and wonderful food at home with your family.  I had always looked forward to the end of another semester, but this year i realized that it can be difficult to go home for that one week of break.  With a different schedule and rules that you have grown unaccustomed to it can be quite an eye opening experience about how life differs at home compared to school.

Living at home for the last 2 years while at Blue Ridge Community College my lifestyle was still unchanged because of my college experience.  I still was ingrained in the schedule that I had enjoyed for the last 20 years.  Now this change of venue and scenery has fostered a new schedule and regime, only to be undone in a mere week.

Now, at the end of Thanksgiving break I was looking forward to coming back to my home in Blacksburg, and Foxridge, to get away from that change and to enjoy the peace and quiet of my apartment.  The plan over break was to be very productive and write a few of the papers that I had due, but with the change in schedules that did not happen, needless to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment